NUMBERS ARE PEOPLE COCK-UP BEFORE CONSPIRACY • CITE PRIMARY SOURCES OR GO HOME


Sunday 11 April 2010

You can haz Insider tip!

I am always proud to see my old friends take their places in the Greek financial establishment - we need all the good people we can get.

Here's a comment I got from a good friend in the custody operations of a major global bank in Athens. He shall, of course, remain anonymous:

"We're working on the assumption that there will be nothing left of the Greek economy come May. I can confirm the billions reportedly being siphoned off abroad. I've already personally approved many millions bound for Switzerland at our clients' request. And that's just cash -
If you count the amounts transfered to foreign banks in bonds by Greek residents the numbers become astronomical"

He goes on to say:

"Rumours of a return to the drachma have died down - but a London-based director with [major investment bank - I really should not disclose this] who is well connected in Greece tells me that one possible scenario is a switch to the drachma for domestic transactions while our debt remains EUR-denominated. He claims that staff at the national mint have worked double shifts for a month preparing for this eventuality."

Thanks man! My other financier friends are welcome to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that I am not notified of any comments and will not respond via comments.

Try to keep your criticism constructive and if you don't like something, do tell me how to fix it. If I use any of your suggestions, you will be duly credited.

Although I'm happy to entertain criticism of myself in the comments section, I will not tolerate hate speech. You will be given a written warning and after that I will delete further offending comments.

I will also delete any comments that are clearly randomly generated by third parties for their own promotion.

Occasionally, your comments may land in the spam box, which may cause them to appear with a slight delay as I have to approve them myself.

Thanks in advance for your kind words... and your trolling, if you are so inclined.