NUMBERS ARE PEOPLE COCK-UP BEFORE CONSPIRACY • CITE PRIMARY SOURCES OR GO HOME


Thursday 22 April 2010

EUROSTAT: YOU NO CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER

So here is it my friends, Eurostat's laconic report on EU Government spending and debt.

You can read it here.

Our deficit for 2009 is apparently 13.6% of GDP, give or take 0.3 to 0.5 percentage points. So if we're quite liberal our deficit could be between 13.1% and 14.1% of GDP.

Our debt is 115.1% of GDP, give or take 5 to 7 percentage points. So the range (as above) is 108.1% to 122.1% of GDP.

Eurostat notes:

Reservations on reported data



Greece: Eurostat is expressing a reservation on the quality of the data reported by Greece, due to uncertainties on the surplus of social security funds for 2009, on the classification of some public entities and on the recording of off-market swaps. Following completion of the investigations that Eurostat is undertaking on these issues in cooperation with the Greek Statistical Authorities, this could lead to a revision for the year 2009 of the order of 0.3 to 0.5 percentage points of GDP for the deficit and 5 to 7 percentage points of GDP for the debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that I am not notified of any comments and will not respond via comments.

Try to keep your criticism constructive and if you don't like something, do tell me how to fix it. If I use any of your suggestions, you will be duly credited.

Although I'm happy to entertain criticism of myself in the comments section, I will not tolerate hate speech. You will be given a written warning and after that I will delete further offending comments.

I will also delete any comments that are clearly randomly generated by third parties for their own promotion.

Occasionally, your comments may land in the spam box, which may cause them to appear with a slight delay as I have to approve them myself.

Thanks in advance for your kind words... and your trolling, if you are so inclined.